October 14, 2016
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. As they tie pink ribbons, Vulcan Information Packaging and Four Point Products employees participate in raising awareness and show support in the fight to find a cure and help women and men.
Some facts about Breast Cancer in the United States. From The National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 246,660 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,600 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 440 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 2.8 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
For more details and information, visit The National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.
For more photos, visit our facebook page.